Healthy Cat Month
Every year, the veterinary world celebrates the Healthy Cat Month. The aim of this event is to ensure that cat owners will be educated and well informed on how they can keep their cats happy and healthy. Since most of us don’t know when the healthy cat month is, allow us to inform everyone that ABVC is having September – a happy, healthy cat month.
During the month of September, we are celebrating with our feline companion with an entire month of health, value, and welfare. Healthy cat month is all about ensuring that your feline companion has everything they need for their general well-being. So we have prepared some pointers to keep them happy and of course, healthy:
- Provide Toys – The easiest way to make your cat happy is to have a new toy. Toys can also be a form of exercise for them. They can keep their body and mind sharp with toys. It can also prevent boredom.
- Proper food and diet – A fat or obese cat is not a healthy cat. We all know that obesity leads to health issues like cardiovascular diseases, arthritis among others.
- Visit the veterinarian – a Healthy cat is a happy cat. Prevention is better than cure.
- Vaccinations or Immunization – One of the best ways to keep your cat healthy is being up to date with their vaccinations. Vaccinated pets help fight certain infectious diseases that can oftentimes be fatal.
- Spay/neuter your cat – It provides many health benefits for your cat, one of the best example is to reduce the likelihood of certain cancers.
- Clean teeth and mouth – Though it is challenging to brush their teeth, having healthy teeth for them can actually prevent some major organ issues. Healthy teeth are often times neglected, so the best way is to have it checked by the vet during visits.
- Last but the most important part is TLC (Tender Loving Care) – You can show your love and compassion to your companion with simple approaches like brushing their hair, providing them some comfortable beddings and giving them some treats.
For more advice, you can call the clinic on 04 340 8601 and book a nurse check so you’ll be able to receive a proper education on how to make your feline companion Happy and Healthy.
Written by Rafael Recto, Veterinary Nurse at Al Barsha Veterinary Clinic
Click here for all Healthy Cat Month promotions (September 2018)