Fireworks – Keep pets safe during Celebrations
As EID celebrations and the 4th of July are approaching, we make ourselves up for yet another display of great fireworks! Great to look at for us humans, but kind of frightening for our pets…
Pets can easily be startled by loud bangs and even can get scared of the lights.
So here are some tips for these coming festive days:
- The kindest and safest thing is to keep your pets safely inside the house.
- If you are living close to a place of celebrations maybe keep the television or radio playing to drown out the noise.
- Ensure all curtains, blinds, and windows are closed to minimize the noise and light effects of the fireworks.
- Make sure your pet is wearing a form of easily readable identification just in case he/she escapes in a panic and runs away or worse, gets lost…
- There are calming products available that can help reduce your pet’s anxiety and keep him/her calm during this stressful time (for more information about these products please contact our clinic at 04 340 86 01 or email@example.com)
- Allow your pet somewhere to hide in the house. For instance under a bed or table. Make sure they have extra bedding to help them feel snug and secure. Cats love carton boxes or small enclosures where they pretend no one sees them.
If you are living close to an area where a lot of fireworks is to be expected and your pet is scared you could also consider having it stay at our Pet Hotel far away from all festivities. For more information and bookings please call 04 3471028 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.